Sorry for the lack of posts of late, work has been hectic!
This week I have decided to share my top secrets to bagging freebies; which is one of my biggest guilty pleasures in life and something I have been doing since I was about 16. Over the years I have received everything from free cinema and theatre tickets to makeup and the odd perfume sample. The list really is endless!
Why do companies give away freebies? Simply as a method of advertising a new product or as a way to entice you to purchase something in the future. Usually it entails signing up to a website or giving away some of your details which can be off putting but if you always double check that the site or company is legit then there is no problem here. If you find they spam you with nonsense emails after then you can simply unsubscribe, easy!
Recently there have been some amazing free products available from a range of different companies and I have managed to pick up quite a few.
Here are just some of the best freebies I have picked up in the last month:
New full size Max factor lipstick from the Marilyn Monroe collection in Ruby red which is currently selling in boots for £7.99 via sopost on Facebook.
L’Occitane Shea comforting gift tin including a 10ml hand cream and an 8ml comforting cream in a beautiful decorative tin simply by signing up to their newsletter.
Hotel Chocolat 50g milk chocolate slab from O2 priority. (Delish!)
Benefit porefessional mini primer again via the O2 priority app.
As you can see I have managed to bag some great items so here are my top tips on how to do it:
1. Facebook competitions and free sample links. Usually the links will allow you to print a voucher which can be taken to a particular shop to redeem the item. Alternatively they will post out the product once you input your details.
2. O2 priority app. Each week offers are updated on the app and it’s great! There is always something on there and although it’s not a freebie I can highly recommend making use of the boots £1 lunch deal available on Mondays. This equates to a massive saving each week!
3. Money saving websites and forums. Martin Lewis money saving expert is a guru! His site; moneysavingexpert.com is fab (head for the freebie forum which is updated constantly). Other sites I use include magicfreebiesuk.co.uk and latestfreestuff.co.uk
4. Contact companies about their products. This is something I personally haven’t tried but I have heard great results from others! If you particularly like a product then email or write to the company and let them know. If you are lucky you will receive a free sample or coupon.
5. In store promotions. When new products launch often there will be free samples in store in order to try it out. If not and you are feeling particularly brave you can even ask staff if they have any free samples for you to try before you buy.
Thanks for reading,
Might just have to try some of these out! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Let me know how you get on Ashleen! It becomes very addictive!